Get To Know Your Registered Dietitian
Cheryl’s educational and professional background
“There is no diet that will do what healthy eating does. Skip the diet, just eat healthy.”
Cheryl Mussatto, MS, RD, LD is a registered dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Kansas and a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics and Institutional Management from Kansas State University.
She is also a certified health and wellness coach through Wellcoaches School of Coaching. Her specialties include nutrition counseling for weight control, high blood pressure/cholesterol, pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant and childhood feeding, and healthy eating for lifestyle changes for all ages.
Her work experience encompasses a wide diversity of dietetics practice including working with the WIC program, as a hospital dietitian, and a consulting dietitian for doctors and long-term care facilities.Currently, Cheryl is an adjunct professor for two community colleges – Allen Community College where she teaches Basic Nutrition and Butler Community College where she teaches Therapeutic Nutrition.
She also is a weekly nutrition columnist of “Eat Well to Be Well” for The Osage County Herald-Chronicle and writes several weekly nutrition articles as a blog contributor for Dr. David Samadi, chairman of urology and chief of robotic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City (samadimd.com). Cheryl is a frequent guest on Dr. Samadi’s Sunday morning radio show called World Health News at am970 The Answer in New York City.
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- AND practice groups:
- Nutrition Education for the Public
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
- Kansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nominating Committee board member
- American Society for Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Institutional Management from Kansas State University
- Masters of Science in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Kansas
- Registered Dietitian – The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian – State of Kansas
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach – Wellcoaches
- Advanced Certification in Adult Weight Management