Cheryl’s educational and professional background
“There is no diet that will do what healthy eating does. Skip the diet, just eat healthy.”
Cheryl Mussatto, MS, RD, LD is a registered dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Kansas and a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics and Institutional Management from Kansas State University.
She is also a certified health and wellness coach through Wellcoaches School of Coaching. Her specialties include nutrition counseling for weight control, high blood pressure/cholesterol, pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant and childhood feeding, and healthy eating for lifestyle changes for all ages.
Her work experience encompasses a wide diversity of dietetics practice including working with the WIC program, as a hospital dietitian, and a consulting dietitian for doctors and long-term care facilities.Currently, Cheryl is an adjunct professor for two community colleges – Allen Community College where she teaches Basic Nutrition and Butler Community College where she teaches Therapeutic Nutrition.
She also is a weekly nutrition columnist of “Eat Well to Be Well” for The Osage County Herald-Chronicle and writes several weekly nutrition articles as a blog contributor for Dr. David Samadi, chairman of urology and chief of robotic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City (samadimd.com). Cheryl is a frequent guest on Dr. Samadi’s Sunday morning radio show called World Health News at am970 The Answer in New York City.
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- AND practice groups:
- Nutrition Education for the Public
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
- Kansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nominating Committee board member
- American Society for Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Institutional Management from Kansas State University
- Masters of Science in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Kansas
- Registered Dietitian – The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian – State of Kansas
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach – Wellcoaches
- Advanced Certification in Adult Weight Management